In June 2016, I co-organised the 18th Postgraduate Group Theory Conference. The PGTC is a chance for young researchers in Group Theory and related topics to present and discuss their work in a relaxed environment. In 2018 it will be held at the University of St Andrews . Here is the conference photo from the PGTC 2016.
In April 2016, I competed in Imperial College’s three minute thesis competition. Check out my submission below for a brief introduction to Group Theory and Monstrous Moonshine.
Here is some other stuff that I have been doing for the past couple of years:
- October 2014 – Present: PhD in Pure Mathematics, Imperial College;
- October 2010 – June 2014: MSci Mathematics with a Year in Europe, Imperial College;
- June 2013 – September 2013: Summer Research Project, Imperial College;
- August 2012 – June 2013: Erasmus Exchange Year, ENS de Lyon, France;
- June 2012 – August 2012: Student Vacation Scheme, NetReveal, Detica (now BAE Systems Applied Intelligence).
When not doing maths, I can usually be found doing sport. I row with Folkestone rowing club and run, cycle and swim with Imperial College triathlon club. Last year, I completed my first triathlon at the BUCS Sprint Championships; read all about it in my race report for the club. I also enjoy politics, gardening and theatre.